Notes From Pastor Dave
Dear Church Family,
“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” [1 Peter 1:3 NASB]
Our theme this coming Holy Week is really a continuation of our Christmas theme, “Hope for the Holidays”, focusing now on finding hope in the reason that Jesus was born – to live a sinless life, to die bearing the penalty of our sin on the Cross as our substitute so that we might be redeemed, to be buried, and resurrected – “just as He said”. Here are the opportunities we have to remember the hope we have in Christ this season:
- Sunday, March 28 – Palm Sunday Worship Service – Join us in-person or online as we gather to remember Jesus’ Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, considering “Hope on the Hilltop”. We will also hear from our children as they share with us during the Worship Service.
- Thursday, April 1, 7:00 p.m. – Maundy Thursday Communion Service – Join us as we consider “Hope in a Garden” and remember the sacrificial Lamb of God, who takes away the sins of the world. This service will also be in-person from the sanctuary and broadcast on Zoom.
- Sunday, April 4 – Resurrection Sunday Worship Service – Join us in person or online as we celebrate our Risen Savior and consider “Hope in the Empty Tomb”.
Beyond the celebration of Jesus’ Resurrection, here’s a preview of other opportunities in April:
- Sunday, April 11 - The Voices of Peace with us during the Worship Service to minister in the Word and song, and to bring us an update about their continued Gospel music ministry.
- Sunday, April 18 – Quarterly Congregational Meeting after the Worship Service
- Sunday, April 25 – We will begin a series of messages exploring the “one-anothers” in God’s Word. As we begin to anticipate looking beyond this past year of quarantine, isolation, social distancing and more, we will receive encouragement from the Scriptures about the importance of maximizing the benefits of our Christian fellowship. Please be in prayer as I continue to develop this series of messages.
Please continue in prayer for one another, that we together would embrace the hope that we have in the resurrection of our Lord Jesus! We thank you for your faithfulness to the Lord and to our shared ministry.Jesus loves you, and so do we!
May God Bless You and Keep You until We Meet Again!