Community Baptist Church of Allenville is a place where the Lord has been at work for over 170 years. Through the years, many changes have occurred, but one thing that has not changed is our commitment to Jesus Christ and to the Word of God.
We are a small and growing church, thankful to provide opportunities for people to grow in their relationship with the Lord, including Sunday School, Bible study groups, and discipleship groups. I would welcome the opportunity to meet with you and answer any questions you may have about the church and its ministry.
God is blessing our church family and I believe that He is going to continue to do the work which He has begun in using us for the purpose of introducing people to Jesus Christ and helping them to get to know Him. If you are seeking a church home, I join you in prayer that the Lord will show you His will, and hope He leads you to us!
If you have any questions, or if we can be of any service to you, please feel free to call or write.
Yours in Christ,
Rev. David Eisley
Sunday Messages and Midweek Meditations are available on the "Sermons" Tab
Intercessory Prayer Meetings
Our weekly Intercessory Prayer Meeting has moved to gathering online on the Zoom Videoconferencing platform, and you are invited to join us on Tuesday mornings at 9:30 as we praise God for His blessings as well as intercede for our community, county, state, and nation during this public health emergency.
If you are interested in joining us, please email Pastor Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COVID-19 Information Updates:
March 20, 2020 Update
Video message link here: https://youtu.be/Sb1MCjE4Sw0
Dear Church Family,
“May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May He strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all His holy ones.” – 1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 [NIV 1984]
While we are in the midst of the spread of the latest form of Coronavirus, COVID-19, we are challenged with finding new ways go about the activities of our daily lives. Thank God that while things are changing all around us, God knows our needs and is fully able to meet them. He does not change and His promises are “yes” in Christ! The Church has also been challenged to minister and serve in new ways, in a way forcing us beyond the walls of the “church building” to be what we have often said we are – not a building but a people who are born of the Spirit and washed in the blood of the Lamb of God.
Our Church’s Leadership Team [Elders, Diaconate, and Trustees] met on the evening of March 18 via videoconference to discuss how we will minister and serve beyond the walls of the building at 6629 Hilltop Road during this time. Here’s how:
- We will not be meeting for corporate worship and the church building will be closed until further notice. As I wrote last week, that does not mean that we cannot worship and have fellowship with God! Watch our webpage [www.allenvillebaptistchurch.org] or Facebook page [Allenville Baptist Church] for messages from God’s Word which will be uploaded and available to you each week until we are able to meet together again. [Due to internet limitations on Hilltop Road, we are unable to livestream services on Sunday mornings.] If you have no way to receive these messages online, please let us know. In addition to these messages, turn to your favorite Christian radio station for music that will assist you in worship and build you up – or, dust off some of those old CD’s by your favorite Christian musicians in days gone by!
- Church-wide fellowship events are postponed until further notice, whether or not they meet in church facilities.
- Small group Bible studies, prayer meetings, and the like may continue to meet at the group’s discretion. Some are utilizing online meeting platforms to connect. If you would like to join, please let me know.
- Ensuring contact with one another: We desire to enhance our contact with one another – don’t be surprised if you get a phone call, card, or some other kind of communication from someone on the Leadership Team! We want to continue to build up and encourage one another - don’t be afraid to pass it on to whomever the Lord places on your heart and mind! If you need addresses or phone numbers, please do not hesitate to ask.
- If you have any urgent immediate needs because of being laid off from work or being unable to get out, please let us know – we will do what we can to help. If you have any prayer requests, please also let us know, and if you are not a part of our email prayer chain, I would encourage you to join, just let us know.
I look forward to the day when we will again meet together under the same roof to sing praises to God, share the “God-Sightings” we will undoubtedly experience in these days, bear one another’s burdens, build one another up, be challenged to be “salt and light” in our culture, and learn together from God’s Word! Until then, stay tuned, and know that we love you, and more importantly, God loves you and holds you in the palm of His hand!
Yours in Christ’s Love,
Rev. David Eisley, Pastor
March 14 Update
This is an unprecedented time in the world around us with the announcement of the spread of COVID-19. The Elders and I are committed to being cautious and prudent when planning our public gatherings. The Elders, Chairman of the Diaconate Board and I met late this morning and reconsidered the information available to us from national, state, and county health officials. As of now, our plan is to CANCEL Bible Class and the Worship Service on Sunday, March 15. While we would love to see you face-to-face, we understand that our congregation, with several healthcare workers, educators, and those who work in large workplaces among us, our older members, as well as those with autoimmune diseases and compromised immune systems are particularly vulnerable to illness, and we do not want to risk putting one another in harm's way. We prefer acting out of love for one another over reacting out of fear.
Game Night scheduled for March 14 is also canceled.
A devotional message is available on the "Notes from Pastor Dave" tab, since at this time we do not have the internet ability to livestream the worship service, Any additional announcements will be made on the website [www.allenvillebaptistchurch.org] and Facebook [Allenville Baptist Church].
"Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word." - 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 [NIV 1984]
Yours in Christ,
Pastor Dave for the Council of Elders